Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunglasses, Naturally



Since I’m constantly complaining about being hot, you’d think I’d do something about it. And I do: I wear cool sunglasses and try not to rise too much of a sweat between car and condo.

But, in the scheme of long-term benefits to Mother Earth, that might not do the trick. So maybe I’ll go for a crunchy granola approach to sunglasses for a while. However, I’m not really the crunchy or granola type. I’m more the mimosa and spinach/feta omelet type—with a side of bacon.

So the dirty truth is, I want to give the impression of being environmentally sensitive, but without actually sacrificing any comfort, pleasure, or style.

Fortunately there are some lovely sunglass makers who are providing organic looks that are also stylish enough for me to attend a protest march in style. (As long as there’s a cocktail hour afterward and it’s not really too, too hot.) Ok, maybe for me to wear for a walk in the park or on the beach or in a convertible to appreciate nature's glories.

Above is Gold & Wood’s Moon sunglasses: All wood…sustainable…and wildly stylish. And below, a grassy and woven organic look, from Robert Marc, echoes coconut fibers, style 632.137. 
For these, I’d go green.

No comments:

Post a Comment