Thursday, July 8, 2010

Can’t Touch This


On a very hot day like today (and yesterday and the day before), it seems like way too much trouble to put on a face full of makeup. Especially since said makeup will look like I’ve been rode hard and put away wet before I even make it to my desk.

But I am a certain age and possess a certain level of vanity as well as concern for my fellow man, so a completely naked face out in public just doesn’t seem right. But on the other hand, it’s also too hot to be wearing glamma glamma shades that block and potential breezes I may encounter or slide all over the place on my glistening (no, that’s not sweat!) face.

Then there’s the no-touchy factor. As my nieces and nephews could tell you, there are certain times of the year that affection feels more like aggression and the universe becomes the backseat of mom’s station wagon where my siblings and I are packed in like sweaty sardines. At that point, let’s say over 92 degrees F, that nothing potentially sweat-generating can touch my skin without endangering it’s own potential for sustained life.

What’s a girl to do? I think little and light on these days. Even though they are not super fancy, in fact BECAUSE they are not super fancy, a rimless style really works. Because there’s no heavy frame and the lenses are lightweight, you don’t have to whine that your sunglasses won’t stop touching you.

The Silhouette Titan Minimal Art sunglass is probably one of the lighter sunglasses out there and since it’s good enough for astronauts (they were the go-to sunnies for the NASA program for many years) they’re pretty much good enough for us Earth-bound suckers.



And, as it turns out, jocks have nice, light, unobtrusive sunglasses that won’t slide all over your face, too. 

Rudy Project (above) and Zerorh+ both produce sleek looks that still have style without raising a sweat.




No comments:

Post a Comment