Friday, August 6, 2010

Silly sunglasses, Snooki

By this point, I believe I've made my feelings on enormous sunglasses clear (I love them).

But I don't know if I've made myself clear about novelty sunglasses (I hate them).

From Gaga's smoking Telephone sunglasses to Jersey Shore's hot mess Snooki's choice, they just burn my toast.

There is a big difference between innovative or artistic and silly and gimmicky.

Lace sunglasses from Chanel: artistic!

Condom monocle from Left Eye: almost silly, but social message makes it artistic!

Last summer's slatted sunglass collaboration between Alain Mikli and Kanye West: Innovative (you can actually see out of them!)

These, shown at http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2010/08/jersey-shore-guilty-pleasure-by-nikky.html:
Just ridiculous.

Isn't it bad enough that these MTV-sponsored thugs are further maligning sweet sweet New Jersey? Now they have to mess with sunglasses, too? What's next? Will The Situation have an inappropriate relationship with grandma's apple pie while draped in an American flag? This madness must end.

No comments:

Post a Comment